After last semester, I wanted to amp up my work rhythm. As such, I set myself the task of having multiple pieces on at once.
The first thing I worked on was a continuation of the work around my terrarium. I enjoy the drawing I did based off it last semester, but I wanted to a bring in colour and a variety of textures. I picked watercolour as it’s a medium I feel intuitively at ease with, yet haven’t used in a while. I also wanted to reference the Chinese landscape paintings which inspired the design of the terrarium in the first place. So a water-based medium worked best.
I spent a good while looking through my old pictures for inspiration as well. Here are some of the ones I think would make nice reference images. This was really helpful, as they were all scattered throughout my camera roll. I'll keep adding to that folder as I go along.